Gobble is a meal delivery service designed for 15 minutes with 1 pan. But does it live up to that claim and is it any good? Read our full Gobble review to find out!
- We chose two servings per meal, with three meals per week.
- Each meal is $11.99. This means that if you order 3 dinners for 2 people each (6 meals), it will be $71.94 for your weekly delivery, plus $6.99 for shipping.
Our Score: 4.7/5
Gobble is the ultimate convenient meal kit and worth trying. The meals are designed to go from table to kit in 15 minutes. This is extremely convenient, of course. However, this played a role in the reason we didn’t care for some parts of the meals. More on that later.
Conversely, we did appreciate the fact that their meals are actually well balanced so they can be worked into a healthy lifestyle. Keep reading our full review of Gobble to learn all the details and how you can try this popular meal delivery service.
In This Review
Who is Gobble Best For?
- People with little time to devote to dinner.
- Anyone looking to rather effortlessly eat better.
May Not be Best For...
- People who detest reheated rice.
- Anyone on a budget.
- People who have specific dietary restrictions.
Gobble In-Depth Review
Cooking dinner can be a hassle. You have to shop, lug all those groceries back to your house, put them away before you can even start the meal. Who wants to do that?
That’s why meal kit delivery services are such a blessing. They cut out a lot of the work.
One service that’s making things even simpler is Gobble, who vows to have dinner on the table in a tidy 15 minutes after you start cooking. It would take longer to run out and grab fast food so that’s convenience you cannot beat.
How It Works
Gobble works the same as other meal kits — you go online and sign up. From there, you begin customizing your first delivery, which involves selecting beautiful pictures of food, among other things.
When the kit arrives at your house, each meal is packed into individual plastic bags. The recipe card for the corresponding meal is right there in each bag, which makes things even easier as we’ve found the more meal kits you order, the more willy nilly you can get with your recipe cards.
At that point, you just pull out the bag of food you want to make for dinner, the protein that goes with it, and get started. The biggest selling point of Gobble is their promise that the meal can be prepared and served in 15 minutes or less.
Gobble Plans and Costs
Gobble has three menu styles; Classic, Vegetarian and Lean & Clean. For their classic dinners, they run about 700-900 calories per serving. For their Lean & Clean dinners, these meals are low carb, come with lean proteins and are under 600 calories. As for their vegetarian dinners, they don’t technically have a full menu, but Gobble does include at least three vegetarian menu options each week. Fun fact: The CEO of Gobble actually follows a vegetarian diet.
Now let’s talk about pricing. Their “2-Person Plan,” which can include 3 or 4 dinners for the week, costs $11.99 per meal. The standard 3 dinners for two people is $71.94, plus $6.99 for shipping.
Their “4-Person Plan,” which can include 3 or 4 dinners for the week, costs $11.99 per meal. The standard 3 dinners for four people is $143.88, plus $6.99 for shipping.
It is important to note that the minimum order is two dinners for two people, so four meals in total. However, if you only order these four meals, you’re looking at paying $13.99 per meal, with the total of the order being $55.96, plus $6.99 for shipping.
Conversely, there’s no maximum order. You can add as many meals to your weekly delivery as you’d like. Plus, you’re welcome to add sides, soups and desserts too. Gobble’s chocolate chip cookie dough is amazing, but don’t just take our word for it. You’ll have to try it for yourself.
Additionally, new customers will receive free shipping on their first box
The ordering process for Gobble meal kits happens entirely online. Unlike other services, Gobble doesn’t have an app. However, the online ordering process is very simple and straightforward.
Once you’re on the Gobble website, pick the type of meal plan you’d like and the number of meals for that week. You’ll see the pricing right there. Gobble is very transparent about their pricing. Unlike other services, the pricing is almost entirely consistent, unless you order the minimum amount of meals. With other kits, different menus and meals can cost more.
After you get your plan details set up, you move on to meal selection. I like to pick by picture. If it looks delicious, I’d like to try it. However, Gobble displays the name of the meal and some important details such as allergens and a description (“Hall of Fame,” “600 Cal or Less,” etc.) right under the picture, so you have a little snapshot of what the meal is. Of course, if you click on the meal, you can find more in depth information like nutritional facts.
The delivery was smooth. Like other services, the food contents arrived in an insulated box with several ice packs. This ensures that your Gobble box will remain fresh for up to 72 hours in transit. Plus, Gobble will adjust their packaging with added insulation and ice packs to account for seasonality and location, meaning your Gobble Dinner Kits should always arrive fresh and cool to the touch.
For reference, Gobble currently delivers kits to most states across the continental U.S. They don’t currently deliver in Montana. Additionally, they have limited service available in Nebraska and New Mexico. However, everywhere else is in the continental U.S. is fair game and your delivery date will depend on your location.
Our Experience with Gobble
Overall, I had a positive experience with Gobble. They’re a little on the pricey side, but there’s justifications for this:
- The convenience factor is a decent selling point. Having dinner on the table in under 15 minutes is nearly priceless.
- Gobble is one of a handful of services that market themselves as “healthy” and have the meals to back it up. Majority of the meals are relatively calorie conscious. What’s more, the meals are quite balanced. The veggie, protein, grain ratios actually make sense. They won’t just give you a heaping of rice to fill you up.
Apart from the fact that two of our meals called for microwaving said rice, which comes out bad, they’re meals you can feel good about eating.
All the ingredients, apart from the proteins, were packaged together by meal. You can just throw the bags in the fridge and pull them out later, as needed.
This section is going to break down the ingredients into categories, with comments on each so you know exactly what to expect if you order from Gobble.
The produce was high quality. It was fresh, not wilted, and didn’t have any bruising or mushiness. For an example, you can see the freshness of the produce in the picture above from one of our meals. The avocado is perfectly ripe. The lettuce wasn’t wilted. The tomatoes, squash and sweet peppers didn’t seem to have any imperfections either, no soft spots.
Only two of the meals we chose came with meat. However, the meat was high quality as well. The portions of steak were right about the same size. You won’t believe the mismatched protein portions we’ve received with other kits.
The recipes call for your own salt and pepper, but they do include seasoning blends and sauces with a lot of their recipes. However, not every part of the dishes will call for seasonings, which unfortunately created some bland points in the meal. More on this later.
Overall, the food itself was good and worth the price when considering the convenience factor of each of the dinners. If the recipes weren’t able to be on the table in less than 15 minutes, I’d say the price is a little too steep for what they’re offering. However, we’ve all paid a little extra for convenience and it’s usually worth it.
The cooking of each of the meals was definitely a snap. A breeze. Dare we say… effortless? Well, maybe not effortless, but definitely easier than running out to grab fast food and a heck of a lot better. The promise to have the meals on the table in about 15 minutes or less definitely checks out. Gobble is able to accomplish this by sending some parts of the meals pre-cooked or pre-prepped.
Because of this, I feel Gobble would be an excellent option for people who don’t have a ton of cooking experience. You’ll be able to microwave or reheat some portion of the meal and only have to focus your attention on cooking certain aspects of the dish.
Gobble would also be a great option for busy families. It’ll cut out the need to shop for dinner and it’ll save a lot of time when it comes to making the meals. It’s not as convenient as a microwavable dinner meal, but definitely several steps above it in the taste department.
Overall, the meals are tasty. In one meal, they pair together avocado, jalapeno ranch dressing, cotija cheese and taco seasoning. There’s a variety of textures in these flavoring components that make for an enjoyable dinner.
Another meal had lemon-pepper seasoning and a balsamic glaze, which created an acidic, refreshing quality to the dish that complimented the almost buttery sirloin steak and oven roasted zucchini perfectly.
Now, don’t get me wrong, the taste does suffer a little bit for the pre-cooked ingredients. For two of the meals we had to microwave already cooked rice. The recipe didn’t call for adding butter or salt and pepper or anything. The result? A semi-crispy, unquestionably bland side dish. For us, it was definitely the lowest point of this meal kit.
However, this can easily be remedied with a little butter for moisture and your own seasonings. We didn’t do this because we test the meals how they come, but we think this would make a huge difference.
Recipes You Can Get
Gobble is perfect for families that don’t follow any specific diets. For instance, if you’re vegan, keto or paleo, this isn’t going to be for you. However, if you’re just looking for tasty well balanced meals, it’s definitely an option. Here are the meals we received in our first box.
Shrimp Linguine with Preserved Lemon & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Shrimp, linguine pasta, preserved lemon, sun-dried tomatoes, sauternes cooking wine, peas, shallot garlic confit, butter and parsley.
- The ingredients were high quality. The parsley was fresh and the preserved lemon and sun-dried tomatoes had an excellent texture and intense flavor.
How It Cooked:
- This recipe was probably the hardest to cook, but that’s not saying much because you literally only needed to make a sauce and then toss the noodles in it.
- It was delicious in a very unique way. Preserved lemon is something that most people aren’t familiar with, but it’s a brined lemon that has an incredibly pungent lemon flavor, but isn’t sour. It beautifully complimented the shrimp and parsley.
Southwestern Sedona Bowl with Sauteed Vegetables & Avocado
- Harvest rice blend, zucchini, yellow squash, mini sweet peppers, corn, Cuban black beans, toybox cherry tomatoes, avocado, gem lettuce, jalapeno ranch dressing, Cotija cheese and taco seasoning.
- This meal had the most produce, but it was all fresh and ripe.
How It Cooked:
- This meal was very easy to cook as well. However, it had the most prep work of any of the dinners. We had to chop all the vegetables.
- It was very delicious for a veggie bowl. The avocado, jalapeno ranch dressing, Cotija cheese and taco seasoning all came together beautifully over the vegetables. It really helped counterbalance the very bland rice blend. Also, these veggie bowls were huge. We had to transfer the meal to mixing bowls after photographing because the dinner bowls were all but overflowing.
Balsamic Glazed Sirloin Steaks with Oven Roasted Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- Top sirloin steaks, harvest rice blend, zucchini, balsamic glaze, lemon pepper seasoning and Italian cheese blend.
- The produce was all very ripe and that balsamic glaze was quite lovely over the steaks. We also enjoyed the fact that the steaks were about the same size.
How It Cooked:
- This recipe was probably the easiest to cook overall. You only have to slice one vegetable, which gets thrown into the oven. Then, you can focus your attention on cooking the steak and nuking the rice.
- The two-thirds of this meal that we seasoned were fantastic. That microwaved rice is just not enjoyable though. We ended up swirling together the leftover steak juices and balsamic glaze with the rice after we finished the sirloin and zucchini, just to give the rice a bit of flavor.
The lovely people of Gobble also included a two pack of chocolate chip cookie dough with our order for free. Unfortunately, we don’t have a picture for proof because they were just too good to resist eating fresh out of the oven. Take our word for it?
If you have the budget for it and are looking for the ultimate convenient meal kit, Gobble is worth trying. The food is several notches above a plain ole microwavable meal, but really doesn’t take much effort to get on the table. It would most likely take you longer to go pick up fast food for dinner than it would take to cook your Gobble meal kits.
While Gobble isn’t suited for people with strict dietary restrictions, such as vegan, keto or gluten free, they do have relatively well balanced and lower calorie dinner recipes than other services that we’ve tried. This is awesome for people who are conscious about what they put into their bodies.
I just signed up for Gobble. What do I do next?
After signing up, you should definitely check out upcoming deliveries and customize your orders. Here’s how to do this:
- Click the ‘Delivery Calendar’ tab.
- Scroll to your desired delivery date.
- You will see three auto generated dinner kits based on your taste preferences. If you would like to see the entire menu, click the button titled, “View More Options”.
- To add another dinner kit to your delivery, simply use the dropdown selection to add 2 (or more!) meals to your delivery.
- To remove a dinner kit from your delivery, use the dropdown selection to select “none”.
- Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom to check out Gobble’s different sides, cookies, salads and soups. They change the options every week, so try a new option, or stock up on your favorites.
How do I redeem my Groupon voucher?
You can redeem your Groupon voucher during your sign up for a Gobble account, so that you can enjoy your first Gobble box immediately.
To redeem, simply enter your Groupon code when you reach the final page of the sign up process. You should see a screen similar to the following:
Simply click “Have a promo code”, enter your Groupon code into the field that appears, and click “Apply.” Your Groupon voucher should start with “GP” and be 10 characters long.
If you have any questions, you can contact Gobble’s Customer Success Team here: https://support.gobble.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
You can also call customer service at (888) 405-7481. They’re available from 5am PT to 8pm PT Mon – Fri and 5am PT to 1pm PT Sat & Sun.
How do my “Gobble Credits” work?
These credits are given as part of promotional offers or by the Gobble team directly. Credits will automatically be applied to your next upcoming delivery.
For example, your upcoming delivery’s subtotal is $71.94, but you have $50.00 in Gobble credits. The $50.00 in Gobble credits will be automatically used for this order, and the remaining amount will be charged to your payment method on file. You would only pay $21.94.