Key Features and Specifications
- Dimensions: 50.4″ W x 24.5″ D x 45″ H
- Primary cooking area: 425 square inches
- Warming rack: 150 square inches, 20.2-in wide x 7.4-in deep
- 4 stainless steel burners: 36,000 BTU
- Propane fuel
- Porcelain-coated cast-iron grates
- Side burner: 10,000 BTU/hour
- Stainless steel body
- Two side shelves
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge
- 5 year warranty on burners, 2 years on firebox and lids, 1 year on all other parts
Our Rating: 4.1/5
Coming from a popular grill brand, the Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner Gas Grill is a medium-sized propane gas grill with quite a few good features.
The grill is made out of stainless steel with 4 burners with a 425 square inch cooking surface that’s large enough for grilling up big meals, making this an excellent choice when you’ve got a crowd to feed. If that’s not enough room, there’s also a side burner.
Its stainless steel finish makes it stylish while the electric ignition provides additional reliability in any weather conditions. The grease pan is porcelain-coated, allowing for easier cleaning and maintenance.
Table of Contents
- Stylish stainless steel build
- Reliable electric ignition
- Rust-resistant cast-iron grates
- Uneven cooking temperatures
- Tends to run cooler
- Ignition button prone to breaking
What We Cover in This Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner Review
Since many grill enthusiasts face the same challenge of finding a perfect grill that suits their wants and needs, we have decided to give them a hand and narrow down their selection.
We gave it our best to make this review as precise and honest as possible so that you can make an educated decision. Char-Broil is a well-known and longstanding grill manufacturer. So, expect style, decent quality, and reasonably durable grilling gear.
Stay with us to find out more about this Char-Broil’s key features, specifications, performance, and more.
We will point out all the strong points of the Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner and the things we don’t like about it. Let’’s delve deeper into what this grill has to offer and its flaws.
What We Like
Features we like:
- Spacious primary cooking space – you can use this grill to cook about 20 burgers at the same time with ease. You have an additional lidded side burner, which is excellent for grilling vegetables and preparing sauces while the main course is grilling. The side burner delivers 10,000-BTU.
- Stainless steel burners – the grill comes with four stainless steel burners ported on top, ensuring maximum grilling performance. These burners allow for more control while cooking and offer a fine range of temperatures to choose from.
- Nice and cozy steel design – this is quite a stylish grill among all other grills. Its look is sleek and modern, while the steel construction goes well with your other outdoor equipment. If you need a flashy grill for your backyard parties, this is exactly what you’re looking for.
- Reliable startups – every grilling enthusiast knows how important reliability is when it comes to electric grills. It offers a steady and reliable electronic ignition system that provides fast startups with minimal efforts.
- Easy mobility and maintenance – the Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner is equipped with two 7-inch wheels that make it movable when needed. Aside from easy mobility, this grill also comes with a removable grease pan and tray, making the entire cleanup and maintenance process simple and easy.
What We Don’t Like
- Burners not hot enough – the grill does have problems reaching high temperatures. Because of that, some foods might take a while to cook.
- The stainless steel finish is thin – while stylish, the stainless steel finish is thinner than we would like and seems prone to denting and rusting.
The Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner uses a conventional grill cooking system that provides an 36,000 BTU/hour. The primary cooking space allows for ample cooking, which is enough for about 20 burgers.
There are top-ported burners that provide a wide temperature range while the lid-mounted temperature gauge allows you to monitor the heat. Since the burners emit heat from the top, this allows for even burning. However, as mentioned in the What We Don’t Like section, one of the problems we noticed is that these burners tend to run cool.
The rust-resistant porcelain-coated cast-iron grates are durable and allow you to enjoy the same performance each new cooking session. The side burner is an excellent way to further spice things up by preparing sauces or sides.
The grease pan is porcelain-coated, making the cleanup and maintenance a breeze. With two side shelves made of stainless steel, you get ample work and prep space. Just put your food inside, close the lid, and monitor the heat while cracking a cold one.
Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner
Stainless Steel or Black
Number of burners
Main burners BTUs
Number of side burners
Side burner BTUs
Dimensions (H, W, D)
50.4 x 24.5 x 45 inches
Yes, 1 on each side
Extra storage space
Since the grill is made out of stainless steel, it’s heavy, but the additional two wheels make it quite easy to move around. One issue we found is that stainless steel finish is a bit thin and users have reported it to be prone to rusting and denting.
The lid is also made from stainless steel, as well as its swing-away warming rack. On the whole, the entire construction is steady enough to ensure safety while using.
Assembly is moderately challenging. If you’re new to the grilling game, it might take a while to handle the assembly but if you follow the instructions you will get there.
The burners have a 5-year warranty, the firebox and lid 2 years, and all other parts 1 year.
If you’re looking for a grill that isn’t too expensive but still provides all the necessary features to make every BBQ session count, you should consider the Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner. The primary cooking space is enough for a family meal and more.
The side burner allows you to prepare any sides and sauces to make things even more delicious while the side shelves provide extra space you can use for many different things. It’s easy to clean and maintain, comes with two wheels for easy mobility, and it’s friendly on the wallet.
Is this a good grilling solution for cooking larger meals?
The Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner is an excellent choice for cooking larger meals. Since it has 4 burners with a side burner and additional shelves, you can cook about 20 burgers or prepare a large-sized meal for your entire family.
This grill will be a real hit at your backyard parties as you can cook chicken, pork chops, hot dogs, burgers, steaks, and veggies, just to name a few.
Is there an included fuel gauge?
Unfortunately, no, there isn’t. You can purchase one from most hardware stores.
Can this grill be converted to natural gas?
No, the manufacturer does not provide this option.
Read more: Best gas grills under $500
Our Rating Methodology
At Grill Cook Bake, we take pride in offering our readers unbiased and comprehensive reviews. Our team of expert researchers and staff spend hundreds of hours testing grills and digging into the details. All of this is to provide our readers with the information they need to select the right grill for them.
Our score for each grill is based on a weighted scoring system of seven factors:
Price to Quality Ratio
Full details on our methodology for expert grill reviews can be found here.