Key Features and Specifications
- Primary cooking area: 424 in²
- Warming rack area: 105 in²
- Three stainless steel burners
- Liquid propane and natural gas models
- Main burners: 30,000 BTU-per-hour
- GS4 grilling system
- iGrill 3 compatibility
Our Rating: 4.8/5
Weber is a renowned grill manufacturer, famous for its high-quality, reliable products packed with numerous useful features, and its Weber Spirit II E-310 is no different. This medium-size grill is powerful and allows you to take full control over your grilling experience.
Due to its spacious grilling area with three burners, and the two stainless steel side tables, the Weber Spirit E-310 has plenty of room. It’s ideal for larger families or those who like to fire up the grill whenever they have visitors over.
It’s durable and easy to use, so we highly recommend it to anyone with a love for grilling.
The Weber Spirit E-310 comes in two fuel versions – propane and natural gas. We find there to be very little cooking difference between propane and natural gas – it comes down to preference and whether your house has access to natural gas or not.
Table of Contents
- Spacious grilling area
- Weber’s proprietary GS4 grilling system
- Infinity ignition
- Lack of mobility
- Complicated assembly
What We Cover in This Review
The Weber Spirit II E-310 is jam-packed with features which make grilling for a large group easier. It boasts Weber’s powerful proprietary GS4 grilling system, which includes infinity ignition, strong burners, a grease management system, and Flavorizer bars.
What makes this grill truly stand out, however, is its precise temperature control and grilling system allowing you to make the perfect meal every time.
Before you buy this or any grill, you should carefully review its specifications, advantages, and disadvantages. In this review, we’ll cover the Weber Spirit II E-310’s performance, features and specifications, ease of assembly, and overall build quality. So, let’s get to it.
Weber’s Spirit II series has a good reputation, and the E-310 grill is definitely a favorite among users. Besides an abundance of useful features, we’ve found a few things that we dislike about the grill. Take a look.
What We Like
- Grilling Area Size: The Weber Spirit II E-310 has a grilling area of 424 in² which translates into being able to cook 20 burgers at the same time. There’s plenty of cooking space to grill for your immediate family or your entire extended family. That’s a great convenience and can significantly speed up your overall meal prep time.
- Great performance: Controlling the heat of your grill is one of the most important steps to master your BBQ skills, and this barbecue takes it to the next level. Few grills offer such excellent temperature control as the E-310. With its 30,000 BTU per hour, you can rest assured that you’ll get the temperature that you need for grilling without unnecessarily wasting time or fuel.
- Infinity Ignition: The E-310 has a reliable ignition system that’s also included in the 10-year warranty. Starting up the grill is simple and easy, with just a single press of the button successfully on the first try. Starting up the grill can at times be problematic, even with an automatic lighter, so we consider this to be a handy feature.
- Fuel Gauge: The E-310 liquid propane model has the gas tank mounted on the outside of the grill and a convenient fuel gauge is located right next to it. It lets you know how much fuel you have in the tank and whether a trip to the store is necessary if you’re planning a BBQ.
What We Don’t Like
- Overall Footprint: While we like the big grilling area, and the fact that the grill has two stainless steel side tables is a great convenience, what we don’t like is that the right side table cannot be removed or folded down. That makes the grill more bulky and inconvenient for storage. It’s also heavy and sometimes difficult to move around.
- Complex Assembly: Assembling the Weber Spirit II E-310 can take a few hours and the entire process has over 50 steps. You’ll need to take the whole afternoon off if you want to assemble the grill yourself.
- Lower Quality Materials: The stainless steel in the this gas grill is a bit lesser in quality than some of Weber’s other grills. Users have reported it’s easier than usual to dent the lid or side tables.
Weber Spirit II E-310’s performance is what truly sets it apart from other grills. Its powerful GS4 grilling system and easy temperature controls will allow you to grill your meals to perfection.
Infinity Ignition will ensure that all you need to start up the grill is a single push of the button. Set the temperature of each individual burner, and you cook several different foods simultaneously over different temperatures. You’ll get even heating in each grilling zone and be able master your BBQ skills in no time.
Another helpful addition to this grill are the porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars. Originally designed to direct grease away from the burners and avoid flare-ups, they also help make your meals even more delicious. They’re designed to vaporize the drippings from the grill giving the food extra flavor.
The Flavorizer bars also help make cleanup a breeze. Unvaporized grease and drippings fall into the integrated drip tray, which easily slides out for cleaning. For the rest of the grill, all you’ll need is a stainless steel brush. Gently brush the burner tubes and cooking grates, and your Weber Spirit II E-310 will look brand new.
Weber Spirit II E-310
Black, white, red, blue
Number of burners
Dimensions (height, width, depth)
44.5″ x 52″ x 27″
Grills in Weber’s Spirit series are less expensive than the other full-sized grills in Weber’s offer primarily because they’re made of slightly lower quality stainless steel than usual, but nevertheless use steel construction.
The main complaints from customers were that the grill arrived with a dented lid and chipped off paint, so you’ll want to examine the grill upon delivery and ask for replacement parts if there are any faults.
Notwithstanding, the Weber Spirit II E-310 is still a high-quality grill that’s built to last. Standing at 114 pounds, it boasts a strong, sturdy frame and porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates.
While you’ll want to be a bit more careful with the lid, you shouldn’t expect to have any problems with this grill, especially if you use a high-quality grill cover.
This grill has an appealing design; it’s durable and reliable. Whichever Weber grill you’re getting, you can rest assured that you’re buying a high-quality product that will last you for years to come.
Assembling it is an involved process with over 50 steps to follow, so make sure you start earlier in the day. You will receive an instruction manual, and the instructions are solely visual with no additional text. Luckily, each part of the grill is clearly marked, so as long as you follow the instructions, you’ll be good to go.
Weber Spirit II E-310 comes with a 10-year warranty for all the parts of the grill, and will likely outlive the warranty with proper maintenance. The warranty only excludes normal wear and tear.
It’s a good idea to register your grill online as soon as you buy it. This way, if you need to start a warranty claim process, it will all go much more quickly. For this reason, you’ll also want to keep all of your receipts and proofs of purchase.
Weber grills need to be maintained regularly, and if you fail to maintain yours, your warranty might not cover any resulting damages.
While most Weber grills are on the pricier side, their reputation and build quality stand out. Weber’s Spirit II E-310 is more affordable than some of Weber’s options and it is a good grill to invest in. It comes with an abundance of useful features and is made of high-quality materials that ensure its longevity and superior performance.
Weber is renowned for setting industry standards, and the this one is a worthwhile investment that will improve your grilling experience. So, if you’re looking for your next grill, this is a great option.
Also check out: Weber Genesis II S-435 and E-435 Review
- Is iGrill included in the offer?
While the Weber Spirit II E-310 is compatible with iGrill 3, this app-connected thermometer does not come with the grill. You’ll need to purchase this accessory separately. It’s currently priced between $99.99 and $108.99 depending on the retailer.
- What is the meal capacity of Weber Spirit II E-310?
With its cooking area of 424 in², it’s large enough to prepare a meal for over a dozen people. It’s ideal for large families or big gatherings and allows you to prepare a few different items simultaneously over different temperatures.
- Does it come pre-assembled?
No, it does not have the option to come pre-assembled. Depending on the retailer, you may be able to receive free assembly, or you might need to pay extra for assembly. You’ll need to check with the specific retailer to see whether they offer assembly.
Our Rating Methodology
At Grill Cook Bake, we take pride in offering our readers unbiased and comprehensive reviews. Our team of expert researchers and staff spend hundreds of hours testing grills and digging into the details. All of this is to provide our readers with the information they need to select the right grill for them.
Our score for each grill is based on a weighted scoring system of seven factors:
Price to Quality Ratio
Full details on our methodology for expert grill reviews can be found here.