Key Features and Specifications
- Dimensions: 62″H X 59″W X 31″D
- Primary cooking area: 513 square inches
- Warming rack: 156 square inches
- 3 stainless steel burners: 39,000 BTU
- Infinity electric ignition
- Porcelain-coated cast-iron grates
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge
- Two stainless steel side shelves
- 6 tool hooks
- Propane or liquid gas grill
- Stainless steel body
- Enclosed cabinet
- iGrill3 smart technology compatible
- 10-year Warranty
Our Rating: 4.8/5
The Weber Genesis II E-315 is a medium-sized high-performance grill that is loaded with great features that make your cooking easy and enjoyable. Armed with three powerful burners and cutting-edge grilling technology, this grill is designed to give you ultimate performance each and every time.
This grill boasts a large 513 square inch cooking surface – enough room to fit 25 burgers.
If we add the fact that the grill comes with a 10-year warranty backed by a world-class grill brand, we can safely say that the Weber Genesis II E-315 is one of the best grills on the market
The grill comes in both liquid propane and natural gas versions. We find there to be little difference between the fuel types, it usually comes down to whether your residence has a natural gas hookup.
We know you want all the information, good or bad, in order to determine whether the Weber Genesis II E-315 is the right grill for you. Let’s delve deeper into what this grill has to offer.
Table of Contents
- GS4 grilling system
- High-performance burners
- Stainless steel build with rust-proof aluminum cookbox
- Grease management system
- Storage cabinet prone to denting
- Complicated assembly
What We Cover in This Weber Genesis II E-315 Review
Our reviews are meant to accompany you on your journey to find your perfect grill. We’re working around the clock to bring you unbiased grill reviews so that you can gather enough information and make an educated and informed purchasing decision.
Weber is one of the leading and most-trusted grill brands for good reason. However, reputation does not ensure all products meet expectations. The Weber Genesis II E-315 is an investment, and we found it to be high performing and packed with great features that should satisfy the needs of even the most demanding grilling enthusiasts.
Since we’re fully dedicated to delivering high-quality reviews to our readers, we’ve covered both the good and the bad.
Stay with us to find out more about the Weber Genesis II E-315 key features, specifications, performance, and more.
We’re going to go through what we like and don’t like, the key features, and the performance of the Weber Genesis II E-315 to help you get a clear picture and see if this grill has what you need.
What We Like
Features we like:
- GS4 high-performance grilling system – This grill is equipped with the powerful GS4 grilling system that features three high-performance stainless steel burners delivering an incredible 39,000 BTUs. The grill has a 513 square inches of cooking surface, and you add 156 square inches with a tuck-away warming rack. There is a total of 669 square inches of cooking space, which is enough for a backyard party.
- Superior heat retention – The grill shows exceptional heat retention properties. You don’t need to worry about this grill reaching the right temperature.
- iGrill 3 compatible – iGrill3 technology allows you to use the app-connected thermometer to get notifications, once your food has reached the perfect serving temperature (separate purchase required). Wirelessly monitor up to 4 temperature probes to make sure your food is perfectly cooked every time.
What We Don’t Like
- Stainless steel cabinets are prone to denting – The cabinet is made of stainless steel and it’s prone to denting. This doesn’t affect performance in any way and shouldn’t be a problem if you don’t swing heavy objects in its vicinity.
- Complicated Assembly – This is a complex grill so the assembly is more complicated and lengthy than many other grills. But once you’ve built the grill you don’t need to build it again.
The Weber Genesis II E-315 comes with Weber’s proprietary GS4 grilling system which gives you Infinity Ignition, high performance burners, stainless steel flavorizer bars, and their grease management system.
With a primary cooking surface of 513 square inches and an additional 156 sq. in, in a tuck-away warming rack, you have yourself a total of 669 square inches of cooking surface, which is enough to feed your entire family and still have a lot of leftovers.
The stainless steel burners are extremely powerful, delivering 39,000 BTU/hour, and they heat up quickly. According to customer reviews, many users say this grill cooks steaks to perfection.
What also makes this grill great is its cast-iron cooking grates that provide even heat distribution. The Weber Genesis II E-315 also comes with a tuck away warming rack that you can easily fold back when you need more grilling space. With enclosed storage and two side shelves, you’ll get plenty of additional storing space.
It’s this grill’s exceptional grease management system that makes it the whole package. The system allows for easy grease cleanup as it has a removable grease tray. Slide the tray out when you need to remove grease. The pan liners are disposable, so you can replace them with new ones as needed.
Weber Genesis II E-315
Black or Copper
Number of burners
Main burners BTUs
Number of side burners
Built-in lid thermometer
Dimensions (H, W, D)
62″H X 59″W X 31″D
Propane liquid or natural gas
Yes, 1 on each side
Extra storage space
The grill cabinet with painted steel doors is quite sturdy and reliable. This is a medium-sized grill, weighing 147 pounds, but you won’t have any troubles with portability as it comes with two small and two bigger wheels for easy moving.
We really like the stainless steel cookbox which is rust-proof and should last a long time.
However, we have to say that the cabinet is prone to denting. Other than that, this grill is rather easy to handle, despite its weight and size. Two side tables provide enough space to hang your essential grilling tools on the hooks, keep sauces, or have your seasonings at the ready.
The Weber Genesis II E-315 is designed to help you make each cooking session more organized and enjoyable.
Just like any other grill of this size, Genesis II E-315 requires assembly. Given its complexity, it does take longer than you’d probably expect. However, the instructions are quite easy to follow, so we doubt you’ll have any major problems.
A 10-year warranty is included excluding only normal wear and tear.
Out of all the gas grills we had the privilege to test so far, this one has one of the best designs we’ve seen in a grill. Its appearance is only matched by its outstanding performance.
The Weber Genesis II E-315 is made of top-class materials, comes packed with awesome features, offers a modern approach to your cooking, and plenty of additional storage space to make every grilling session better.
With a 10-year warranty from the manufacturer and minimal flaws, we can safely say that you’ll be able to use this grill for many years.
- Does the grill come with an installation kit?
Yes, the grill comes with everything needed to get it assembled and started. If you have problems with missing parts or any other issue, contact the manufacturer.
- What is the iGrill3 device requirement?
You need iOS9 or higher to use this app. iPhone 4S or higher will do. If you’re using an iPad, make sure it’s an iPad 3rd generation or later. If you’re using Android, you’ll need Android 6.0 or Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
- Is it possible to replace the wheels for this grill?
Yes, it is. Get in touch with Weber’s call center for more information.
Our Rating Methodology
At Grill Cook Bake, we take pride in offering our readers unbiased and comprehensive reviews. Our team of expert researchers and staff spend hundreds of hours testing grills and digging into the details. All of this is to provide our readers with the information they need to select the right grill for them.
Our score for each grill is based on a weighted scoring system of seven factors:
Price to Quality Ratio
Full details on our methodology for expert grill reviews can be found here.