Key Features and Specifications
- Large liquid-propane grill with a primary grilling area of 462.3 in2, capable of holding up to 22 burgers
- 4 main stainless-steel burners, each providing 12,000 BTUs of heat
- 1 side burner with a warming rack, providing additional 12,000 BTUs
- Cooking grates: stainless steel wrapped
- Stainless-steel lid with a built-in thermometer
Our Rating: 4.7/5
The Nexgrill 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill is an entry level grill designed for consumers who are looking for a stylish 4-burner grill at an affordable price. Clad in stainless steel, this propane grill will look great on your deck. But the affordability comes with the trade-off of lesser construction materials.
Before reviewing this grill, we weren’t sure what to expect and we were pleasantly surprised. This is a medium-sized propane gas grill with a 462 sq. in. main cooking area. The size makes it great for preparing various foods for large friends and family gatherings.
The trade off for affordability is durability. This grill isn’t necessarily built to stand the test of time, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a viable option. It’s a good choice if you’re on a tight budget. It may not be the fanciest grill, but it does what it’s supposed to do.
Table of Contents
- Large cooking area
- Great BTU output
- Durability concerns
- Material quality
What We Cover in This Nexgrill 4-Burner Review
We consider the Nexgrill 4-Burner Gas Grill’s performance, specifications, build quality, assembly, and warranty.
We are excited about its even-heat cooking system that features angled flame tamers for diffusing heat and preventing flare-ups.
Read on to learn more about the benefits and drawbacks of this grill, before exploring its performance, key features, specifications, build quality, assembly, and warranty information.
The Nexgrill 4-burner gas grill has several great features, but it also comes with certain issues that we need to point out.
What We Like
- Spacious cooking surface: This grill offers a large cooking surface of 462.3 in2 of primary cooking space, which is enough to fit about 22 burgers. There is a side burner as well. It also has a fixed side table that you can use to prepare all your food.
- Great heat output: The four main burners put out a total of 48,000 BTUs (each dispersing 12,000 BTUs), which is a very good heat output for grilling and searing steaks, smoking ribs, and cooking various other foods. The side burner provides 12,000 BTUs of heat, making it a total of 60,000 BTUs, which is more than some of the bigger Nexgrill grills offer.
- Angled flame tamers: The angled flame tamers perform well when it comes to preventing smoke buildup and flare-ups. They also turn all the grease that drips away into a flavorful vapor that makes food taste delicious, giving it a lovely smoky flavor.
- Enclosed storage/propane cabinet: We love this grill’s storage cabinet with stainless-steel doors, which is also where you can fit the propane tank. It has a hose and a regulator for easily connecting the tank, and more than enough space for various kitchen essentials.
What We Don’t Like
- Lower build quality: The Nexgrill 4-burner gas grill is made of lower-grade, thin stainless steel that isn’t made to last. That may make it more susceptible to corrosion and denting. The cookbox is steel, which isn’t as durable as cast aluminum used by many higher-end grills. The grates are stainless steel wrapped as opposed to fully stainless steel.
- Unreliable thermometer: This grill comes with a stainless-steel lid with a built-in thermometer for monitoring the temperature. However, the thermometer is not very reliable, as it doesn’t always show an accurate reading.
Despite the Nexgrill 4-burner gas grill being on the affordable side, it actually performs quite well. We were especially delighted by its angled flame tamers. They seamlessly pull out the smoke, prevent flare-ups, and help foods retain their juices and get a smoky flavor.
All of its stainless-steel burners offer great heating power, more than many other similar grills do. The grill gets hot and does a decent job of retaining heat.
Using the grill is very simple, especially because of its electric ignition for a seamless start-up and separate control knobs for adjusting the temperature of each burner.
It’s also very easy to clean it up. Using a soft brush or a washcloth, you can clean the grates and the removable grease catcher in minutes. You only need to use soap and warm water.
Nexgrill 4-Burner Gas Grill
Number of burners
Main burners BTUs
Number of side burners
Side burner BTUs
Dimensions (height, width, depth)
46’’ x 51’’ x 24.75’’
Propane tank scale
As we already mentioned, the Nexgrill 4-burner gas grill has a bit lower build quality. The stainless steel used for most of its elements is thin, which is why it may be more prone to rust and damage.
Luckily, that also means that it’s very lightweight, which is great for maneuvering. You can easily move it around and store after each use to keep it out of the elements.
Being made almost entirely of stainless steel means that it’s durable, even if the steel isn’t of the highest possible quality. With proper care, you’ll be definitely grilling with it for a long time.
We don’t particularly like that the cooking grates are only wrapped with stainless steel. That makes them more prone to damage and rust. Nevertheless, they cook well and they’re quite easy to clean, so they’ll last a long time if you properly maintain them after each use.
We have to say we love the wheels. There are four heavy-duty caster wheels for easy mobility, two of which are lockable.
It’s fairly easy to assemble this grill, but it does require a lot of steps. It will take you 1-2 hours to put it together.
A novice may need the full 2 hours, but the good thing is that the instruction manual is very detailed and easy to understand. It’s a very straightforward process.
The Nexgrill 4-burner gas grill has a limited 1-year warranty overall, as well as a 1-year warranty for its cooking grates.
However, the main burners have a 5-year warranty.
The Nexgrill 4-burner gas grill is a solid and affordable option.
The size of the grilling surface is great, the heat output from the main burners is good, and the side burner performs well. The flame tamers and the enclosed storage area for the propane tank are excellent additions too.
You do get what you pay for, since the build quality is not the best. Still, the Nexgrill 4-Burner Gas Grill is a good choice if you don’t want to pay a fortune and you’re not looking for an abundance of features.
1. Does the Nexgrill 4-burner gas grill come with a fuel gauge?
Unfortunately, this grill doesn’t have a fuel gauge, but you can buy one from most hardware stores.
2. Can I replace the cooking grates?
Yes, you can easily replace them with similarly sized grates available for purchase.
3. Where can I find the instructions manual?
The manual comes with the grill, but you can also access it anytime on the manufacturer’s website.
Our Rating Methodology
At Grill Cook Bake, we take pride in offering our readers unbiased and comprehensive reviews. Our team of expert researchers and staff spend hundreds of hours testing grills and digging into the details. All of this is to provide our readers with the information they need to select the right grill for them.
Our score for each grill is based on a weighted scoring system of seven factors:
Price to Quality Ratio
Full details on our methodology for expert grill reviews can be found here.