Key Features and Specifications
- Primary cooking area: 360 in² (~17 burgers)
- Warming rack area: 90 in²
- GS4 grilling system
- Two stainless steel burners
- Main burners: 26,500 BTU-per-hour
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates
- Liquid propane grill
- Fuel gauge
- iGrill 3 compatible
- Built-in lid thermometer
Our Rating: 4.6/5
Coming from the globally-recognized grill manufacturer Weber, the Weber Spirit II E-210 is a high-quality liquid propane grill. It’s Weber’s most affordable full-sized grill, at a price point typically below $400. And yet, it consistently outperforms the competition within its price range.
With its primary cooking area of 360 in², this small grill is ideal for smaller families. It can fit snugly in any area, and still provide an enhanced grilling experience.
Its compact size, affordable price, and quality build make the Weber Spirit II E-210 one of our highly recommended grills.
Table of Contents
- Compact and affordable
- GS4 grilling system featuring two strong burners providing consistent hearing
- A durable and rust-proof cast aluminum firebox
- Easy to use and intuitive design
- Lack of bells and whistles
- Slightly lower quality build materials than Weber’s other grills
What We Cover in This Weber Spirit II E-210 Review
Weber Spirit II E-210 has a very solid build and is an excellent choice for those who want a simple yet high-performing grill. While it doesn’t have many of the bells and whistles that we see in Weber’s other grills, the Spirit II E-210 offers all the features that you need for grilling great meals time after time.
What makes it stand out is its grilling performance. It delivers even heating across the entire grilling area, and the design of the grates and the porcelain-enameled Flavorizer Bars prevents excessive flare-ups that can ruin your meal.
Let’s take a look at everything else this grill has to offer and help you determine whether it’s the right grill for you.
In this review, we’ll cover the Weber Spirit II E-210’s performance, it’s build quality, and take a closer look at its features and specifications, so let’s get started.
This is a favorite among users looking for a simple grill with good performance. But as any grill, it has its pros and cons.
What We Like
- GS4 grilling system: Weber’s renowned GS4 grilling system never fails to impress. The grill features the high-performing infinity ignition, flavorizer bars, powerful burners, and grease management system – all four parts that make up the GS4. This significantly enhances the whole grilling experience, from meal preparation to cleaning and maintenance.
- Compact size: It’s a small-sized grill that can be comfortably placed on small balconies and patios without appearing too bulky. This makes it a great choice of grill for city-dwellers with a love for grilling who live in apartments or condominiums. As an added benefit, the Weber Spirit II E-210 features two sturdy and convenient side tables, one of which can be easily folded down to make extra room.
- Grilling area: Despite its compact size, it still has plenty of grilling space. It features a primary cooking area of 360 in², meaning it can comfortably grill up to 17 burgers simultaneously. It also features a 90 in² warming rack for added convenience.
- Fuel gauge: One feature that’s often overlooked, but that can be extremely convenient, is the fuel gauge. It features a propane fuel gauge that lets you know when your tank needs to be recharged. It’s a small thing that can make quite a difference, and we greatly appreciate its convenience. No longer will you have to guess at your fuel level and risk running out when your meal is half-cooked.
What We Don’t Like
- Lack of features: The Weber Spirit II E-210 ably grills, but it’s a simple grill that lacks many of the features included in Weber’s other grills. For example, there’s no side burner, sear station, or built-in lights. Still, it’s a recommended grill for those who enjoy the simplicity of grilling and have space constraints.
- Lower stainless steel grade: It’s a sturdy and reliable grill, but it’s made of lower grade stainless steel than Weber’s other product lines. This makes it somewhat easier to dent during transportation and assembly, so buyers are advised to check the grill out thoroughly upon arrival.
Related: Grill Buying Guide
When it comes to performance, you can rest assured that Weber’s grills always deliver. The Spirit II E-210 has superior performance that will take your grilling to the next level. It’s easy to use with uncomplicated controls that make grilling fun again. We find that this grill delivers consistent heating across the grilling area. It is able to reach both very high temperatures, giving your meat those desired sear marks, as well as maintaining lower temperatures when you want to roast.
Due to the Infinity Ignition, you can rest assured that the it will start on the first try no matter how much (or how little) you use it. You won’t have to fiddle around and waste time firing up the grill. Once ignited, the stainless steel burners take very little time to heat up the grill. The burner tubes are highly effective, providing consistent gas flow and evenly heating up the entirety of the grilling area.
The Weber Spirit II E-210 features reversible porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates that help take your meals to the next level. The thinner side of the cooking grates is ideal for seafood or other delicate meals, while the thicker side leaves perfect grill marks on all your burgers and steaks.
All the juices that drip down are vaporized by the Flavorizer Bars, adding a nice smoky taste to all your meals. And the leftover fats and liquids are sent to a specially designed grease management system that makes cleanup a breeze.
Overall, the Weber Spirit II E-210 has superior performance and is a worthy investment.
Weber Spirit II E-210
Black, ivory, sapphire, red
Number of burners
Main burners BTU
Dimensions (height, width, depth)
57” x 48” x 26”
The entire Weber Spirit series is built from quality materials that ensure reliability and durability, and the Weber Spirit II E-210 is the same. Even though the quality is lower than Weber’s other product lines, the build materials rate highly when compared to other grills in this size and price range.
Since the side shelves and burner tubes are made from stainless steel, be more careful with how you handle them as they can be prone to denting. The rest of the build is very sturdy, and you should experience no denting problems with other components.
The lid and the cook box are made of cast aluminum, making them rust proof, durable, and easy to maintain. The lid is also porcelain-enameled, which will prevent the color from fading and peeling.
Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates retain heat very well and prevent food from sticking to them without the need for seasoning. This, along with the convenient grease management system, makes the it exceptionally easy to clean.
On the whole, this grill has a high-quality build and is designed to last for many years to come.
Assembling the Weber Spirit II E-210 isn’t as complicated as assembling Weber’s larger grills, but it will still require some time and effort.
The gas line and firebox are the only components that come pre-assembled, and you’ll need to build the rest yourself. The instruction manual is relatively easy to understand and follow, but pay very close attention to each and every step if you want to avoid trouble. It shouldn’t take you much more than 2 hours to assemble yourself.
The Weber Spirit II E-210 comes with an excellent warranty. All parts of the grill are covered by a 10-year warranty (excluding only normal wear and tear), and in our experience Weber’s customer support service is very helpful when you’re filing a warranty claim.
To ensure that the entire warranty process goes seamlessly in the event of a problem, be sure to register your grill online as soon as you buy it. This will make it easier to find replacement parts and have them delivered fast.
As always, keep all receipts and proofs of purchase just in case.
The Weber Spirit II E-210 is a compact and affordable high-performing grill. It’s built using high-quality materials and backed by a superior warranty. It has everything you need for a great grilling experience, and investing in it is absolutely worth it.
How do I register my Weber Spirit II E-210?
To register your grill, you’ll need to create a Weber ID on the official website. You’ll need to provide information on the grill. Fill in the serial number, state the date of purchase, and upload an image of your purchase receipt to complete the registration.
Does it come with iGrill 3?
This grill is compatible with the iGrill 3 app, but if you want the app-connected thermometer, you will need to purchase it separately. This can be an excellent investment as the thermometer is precise, and the app offers real-time feedback.
Where should I mount the propane tank?
The Spirit series has a different design than other Weber models, and the propane tank is mounted on the exterior of the grills, not inside the cabinets. Underneath the side table of the grill, on the right-hand side, you will see the tank scale. The tank should be easily mounted there.
Our Rating Methodology
At Grill Cook Bake, we take pride in offering our readers unbiased and comprehensive reviews. Our team of expert researchers and staff spend hundreds of hours testing grills and digging into the details. All of this is to provide our readers with the information they need to select the right grill for them.
Our score for each grill is based on a weighted scoring system of seven factors:
Price to Quality Ratio
Full details on our methodology for expert grill reviews can be found here.