Key Features and Specifications
- Liquid-propane grill with a 486 in2 primary cooking surface, capable of holding up to 24 burgers
- 5 stainless-steel burners: 4 with 10,000 BTUs each and a side burner with 12,000 BTUs
- Enamel-coated stainless-steel cooking grates with heat tents
- Double-wall stainless-steel lid with a built-in thermometer
- Closed storage space under the grill
Our Rating: 4.0/5
Editor’s note: This grill has been discontinued. We’re still providing our review below but customers are no longer able to buy this grill new.
If you’re looking for a 4-burner grill, we recommend checking out our review of the Weber 435.
The Dyna-Glo DGE Series 4-burner grill is a medium-size liquid-propane grill with a primary cooking surface of 486 in2 and a side burner with a convenient warming rack, providing you with a total of 646 in2 of cooking space. This cooking surface size makes it ideal for outdoor parties and other friends and family gatherings, as you have enough room to cook for large groups of people.
The Dyna-Glo DGE Series 4-burner grill is made entirely of stainless steel and looks sharp. If you’re on a tight budget, then the The Dyna-Glo DGE Series 4-burner grill is an affordable midsize gas grill option.
We do have reservations about its performance and long-term durability. Still, depending on what you’re looking for, it may be a good option for you.
Table of Contents
- Affordable for its size
- Good size cooking surface with a side burner
- Great visual appeal
- Built-in temperature gauge
- Instant electric ignition
- Easy to use and clean
- Built from lower quality materials giving durability concerns
- Uneven performance
- 2-hour assembly
What We Cover in This Dyna-Glo DGE Series Review
The Dyna-Glo DGE Series 4-burner grill is an affordable grill providing generally adequate performance. Dyna-Glo is a reputable grill manufacturer known for their budget grills.
In this review we will consider what we like and don’t like about the its performance and delve into our concerns about its construction. Finally, we will consider its added features, assembly process and warranty. Read on to explore all the grill’s features, specifications, and performance.
Related: Grill buying guide
This 4-burner grill has some nice features, but there are a couple of things we don’t like.
What We Like
- Expansive cooking area: TheDyna-Glo DGE Series 4-burner grill offers a 486 in2 primary cooking surface with four individual burners, which can hold about 24 burgers. It also features a side burner and a warming rack, giving you a total of 646 in2 cooking space. But that’s not all, as you have a side table as an additional prep space that makes the entire cooking and prep area a total of 708 in2.
- Solid cooking grates: The grates are made from 7 mm stainless-steel placed above the main burners. They are strong and have stainless-steel heat tents that help protect the burners.
- Stylish: With it’s all stainless steel look, the grill stands out on deck or patio.
- Double-wall lid with a temperature gauge: Dyna-Glo DGE Series comes with a superb stainless-steel lid that’s double-walled to minimize heat loss and boost grilling efficiency. It has a built-in stainless-steel thermometer, as well as vents for keeping the fire burning and pulling out the smoke.
- Huge cabinet-style storage space: We absolutely love this grill’s storage space located just beneath the cooking area. It has two cabinet-style doors, offers enough space for utensils and other kitchen essentials, and features a pull-out tray for the propane tank.
What We Don’t Like
- Uneven heating: Although this grill has heat tents for retaining heat, we found that the grill’s heating is uneven across the surface and the grill often won’t reach high enough temperatures leading to longer cooking times.
- Lower quality materials: We found that the grill is built from less than ideal material and gives us significant concerns about how long it will last before it needs to be replaced.
The grill’s performance is adequate but by no means top of its category. The Dyna-Glo DGE Series 4-burner grill is an affordable midsize gas grill option, but we have reservations about its performance and long-term durability. It has good BTU output, but we found that the grill consistently would not get as hot as we would like. This led to food needing a longer time to cook.
The collateral problem is if the burners don’t get hot enough, then the grates won’t be hot enough to give your food those dark grill marks. None of this is necessarily bad, but it’s something you should be aware of before purchase.
We’re very happy with the side burner as it’s perfect for cooking side dishes and sauces. In addition, the double-wall lid does help maintain a consistent temperature.
The cooking grates are very easy to clean, as you usually only need to wipe them with a sponge or a soft brush. There’s a tray that collects the grease, so cleaning the grill isn’t messy at all.
You start the grill with a single button — an electric igniter — after which you can adjust the temperature of each burner.
|Dyna-Glow DGE Series 4-burner|
Number of burners
Main burners BTUs
Number of side burners
Side burner BTUs
Dimensions (height, width, depth)
46.8’’ x 50.7’’ x 22.62’’
Propane tank scale
The grill uses decent materials for its construction. It’s entirely made out of stainless steel, but it is not of the highest quality. Moreover, because the cooking box is made of stainless steel, and not cast aluminum, it is much more prone to rusting.
We did like the cooking grates and were happy with their performance. It weighs 96 pounds, so it isn’t as heavy as most similar grills. It features four heavy-duty caster wheels, which makes maneuvering it even easier.
We have concerns about how long the Dyna-Glo DGE Series 4-burner grill will last before needing replacement. Users have reported a shorter than average lifespan for this grill.
Assembling it will take about two hours of your time, but that doesn’t mean it’s complicated. It’s actually very simple, even for a novice. The included manual will show you all the steps, so there’s nothing to worry about.
The Dyna-Glo DGE Series 4-burner grill overall has a 1-year limited warranty, like all the other liquid-propane grills from GHP Group, Inc. However, you get a 5-year warranty on its stainless-steel burners.
A 1-year warranty is shorter than most competitors leading to more concern about the grill’s lifespan.
The Dyna-Glo DGE Series 4-burner grill is one of the most affordable grills on the market in its category. However, we have concerns about performance and longevity.
If you’re looking for an affordable gas grill with a sleek design and don’t mind some of the concerns we’ve addressed, then this grill might be a good choice for you.
Also check out: Weber Genesis II 435, Broil King Monarch 320, and Char-Griller E31001 Grillin’ Pro
Does the Dyna-Glo DGE Series 4-burner grill have an attachment for the propane tank?
Yes, the grill features a storage cabinet with a pull-out tank tray and a hose and regulator for connecting the propane tank.
Does it have a fuel gauge?
Unfortunately, this grill doesn’t come with a fuel gauge for monitoring the level of fuel in your propane tank.
Is there a thermometer for monitoring the temperature?
Yes, it comes with a stainless-steel thermometer built into its double-wall stainless-steel lid.
Our Rating Methodology
At Grill Cook Bake, we take pride in offering our readers unbiased and comprehensive reviews. Our team of expert researchers and staff spend hundreds of hours testing grills and digging into the details. All of this is to provide our readers with the information they need to select the right grill for them.
Our score for each grill is based on a weighted scoring system of seven factors:
Price to Quality Ratio
Full details on our methodology for expert grill reviews can be found here.