Key Features and Specifications
- Dimensions: Lid closed – 45”H x 61”W x 29”, Lid ajar – 61”H x 61”W x 29”D
- Primary cooking area: 646 inches
- Warming rack: 198 inches
- 4 stainless steel burners
- Stainless steel cooking grates
- Liquid propane or Natural gas fuel
- Sear station burner: 9,000 BTU/hour
- Side burner: 12,000 BTU/hour
- Heating power: 48,000 BTU/hour
- Stainless steel body
- Fuel gauge for liquid propane version
- iGrill compatible
- 10 Year Warranty
Our Rating: 4.8/5
The Weber Genesis II 435 is the newer and better version of the Genesis II 400. It’s a large and powerful grill equally able to handle your weeknight dinner and your Fourth of July party. Unlike its predecessor, which had some flaws, the Genesis II 435 is the complete deal. Not only is it a great looking grill, more importantly it’s a quality four-burner grill with a sear station and side burner.
Overall, Weber’s Genesis II 435 is built to last, meaning you’ll be making fantastic grill marks and stunning your guests with perfectly grilled meals year after year. It’s a perfect option for grill enthusiasts who want to take their grilling to perfection and cook with style.
Table of Contents
- GS4 grilling system delivers excellent performance
- Exceptional build quality
- Beautiful design and lots of useful aesthetic features
- Spacious grilling surface and sear station
- On the pricier side
- Lack of mobility
What We Cover in this Weber Genesis II S-435 Review
Finding a perfect grill that can fulfill all your cooking needs and desires is hard. We’ll do our best to deliver an honest review of the Weber Genesis II S-435 and help you make an informed decision on whether or not this grill is the right one for you.
Weber is a renowned brand in the grill industry. They’re famous for considering their customers’ needs and delivering high-quality products. The Genesis II S-435 was made after listening to avid grillers’ comments and suggestions. As a result, we have a great-looking grill that packs everything you’ll ever need to become known as a BBQ king.
Read on to discover this grill’s key features, specifications, build quality, assembly, and more.
The Weber Genesis II 435 comes in two different finishes with two different fuel types. This can be confusing as there are S-435 and the E-425 models. Both models are nearly identical with only minor differences. The S-425 comes with a stainless steel finish, 7mm diameter solid stainless steel rod cooking grates, stainless steel lid, and stainless steel doors.
It comes in two fuel versions – propane and natural gas. The E-435 comes with a black finish, porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates, a porcelain-enameled lid, and painted steel doors. We find there to be very little cooking difference between propane and natural gas – it comes down to preference and whether your house has access to natural gas or not.
While our review focuses on the S-435 model, we also have a section below discussing the minor differences of the E-435 model.
This barbecue grill has a lot of strong points. However, in our efforts to deliver a comprehensive and unbiased review, we found a few things that we don’t like about this grill. Let’s take a closer look, shall we?
What We Like
- High-performance grilling system: This grill model comes with Weber’s proprietary GS4 grilling system. We were stunned by its performance. It’s capable of delivering consistent high temperatures while keeping the flare-ups at a bare minimum.
- Sear station: The Genesis II S-435 comes with a sear station in the side burner. This is an extremely hot zone with more searing power than in any of the other Genesis models out there. It delivers an impressive 9,000 BTU/hour allowing you to quickly and easily give your meat the desired sear and grill marks.
- Superior cooking grates: Maintaining the same level of heat is an extremely important feature for any grill as you want to have consistency for whatever you’re cooking. The Genesis II S-435 comes with quality cooking grates to guarantee superb heat retention. The solid 7 mm stainless steel is there to help with equal heat distribution.
- Stainless steel lid: Keeping the heat in the grill is very important if you want those steaks to cook to perfection. This model comes with a durable lid. There is even a built-in thermometer to help you track the temperature.
- iGrill app – Weber has released iGrill 3, which is compatible with the Genesis II S-435, and we absolutely love it. After you install it on the grill, you connect it with the iGrill app on your smartphone to monitor the food. There is even a notification that informs you the food reached the perfect temperature. The iGrill 3 is not included, and the app is available for both Android and iPhone users.
- Huge grilling area: The Weber Genesis II S-435 comes with two cooking areas. The primary one is 646 square inches, and the warming rack is 198 square inches. In total, there is whooping 844 square inches of grilling area at your disposal. The primary grilling area translates into being able to cook 31 burgers at the same time.
What We Don’t Like
- The grill is pretty massive: This is a very big grill. Due to its size and weight, we found it very hard to move around. This size can prove a challenge if you want to store this grill somewhere inside. However, if you have the space it’s a reasonable tradeoff considering the overall design, performance, and size of the grilling area. If you’re looking for a grill to cook for a crowd, this is a good grill for you.
- The price is far from a bargain: Compared to other Weber models, this barbecue grill comes with a pretty steep price tag. It’s an investment and may not be affordable for everyone. The competition offers grills with similar size and features at lower prices, including Napoleon and Broil King.
The performance of the Weber Genesis II S-435 is out of this world. The reason? It comes with Weber’s proprietary high-performance GS4 grilling system. With four adjustable burners and overall input of 48,000 BTU per hour, you’ll be able to grill your meat like a pro. Thanks to the thick stainless-steel cooking grate and even heating you’ll be able to cook your meal with an even temperature.
The grates have excellent heat retention properties. They are also easy to remove for maintenance, and cleaning them is a breeze. Stainless-steel easier to clean than regular steel and cast iron.
Do you love to get those grill marks on your steak? No worries, the Genesis II S-435 delivers. There is a searing station which, when turned on, creates a heat zone able to create those grill marks like its nothing.
The side burner is great for simmering BBQ sauce or sauteing veggies for a side dish.
Check out our in-depth grill buying guide.
Weber Genesis II S-435
Stainless Steel or Black
Number of burners
Main burners BTUs
Number of side burners
Side burner BTUs
Dimensions (H, W, D)
45” x 61” x 29”
Yes (liquid propane version)
Yes, 3 on each side
Extra storage space
The Weber Genesis II S-435 is one of the biggest grills we had the chance to use. Thanks to it being so robust, it’s also a grill with the largest grilling area in the Weber family – it’s even larger than the Summit 670, which is a six-burner grill.
The build quality is great on this beauty. The lid and cooking grates are made out of stainless steel. It’s built to last, perhaps even longer than the warranty. Thanks to the sturdy materials, you won’t be able to damage it that easily.
Differences between the S-435 and the E-435.
There aren’t that many differences between the two models and overall the performance is nearly identical. The differences are in three categories: cosmetic, grilling grates, and price.
- Cosmetic: The S-435 has an entirely stainless finish and the E-435 is predominantly black. The E-435 also has a porcelain-enameled lid and painted steel doors. Neither really affects grilling performance, but they are less durable than the all stainless steel construction of the S-435.
- Grilling Grates: The E-435 comes with porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates compared to the S-435’s stainless steel grates. If you ask two BBQ masters which they prefer you’ll probably get two different answers. Which is better is a matter of much debate and comes down to personal preference.
- Price: The E-435 is about $100 cheaper.
The Weber Genesis II S-435 usually needs to be assembled depending on where you purchase it from. There are multiple steps and it does take the better part of an afternoon to complete.
This product comes with a 10-year warranty. The warranty excludes normal wear and tear that occurs due to regular use. The warranty is subject to additional terms and conditions.
It’s a good idea to register your grill online as soon as you buy it. This way, if you need to start a warranty claim process, it will all go much more quickly. For this reason, you’ll also want to keep all of your receipts and proofs of purchase.
Weber grills need to be maintained regularly, and if you fail to maintain your Weber Spirit II E-310, your warranty might not cover any resulting damages.
Weber is one of the best well-known brands in the grilling community. Their Genesis II S-435 is one of the most comprehensive gas grills on the market. The high build quality, great heat retention, grilling area big enough to feed a small battalion, and searing station are the most valued features of this grill.
It comes with extra storage space and plenty of side table room for all your tools and sauces. The support for iGrill 3 app-connected thermometer can make cooking even more engaging if you’re tech-savvy ]. Bear in mind that it doesn’t come with this fancy gadget and that you will have to purchase it additionally.
The Weber Genesis II S-435 even comes with a side burner to make your life easier if you love making BBQ sauce.
Should you buy it? If you have enough space to store this beast and budget that can sustain it, you definitely should.
Also check out: Weber Spirit II E-310 Gas Grill Review
- Does it come with an iGrill app-connected thermometer?
The Genesis II S-435 has support for the iGrill app-connected thermometer. However, it doesn’t come with it. If you would like to monitor the temperature on your smartphone, you will have to purchase iGrill 3 and mount it directly into your grill. The app can track the doneness of up to four cuts of meat and notify you when the meat is ready.
- Is there a fuel gauge in the Weber Genesis II S-435?
Yes, there is a fuel gauge built-in the Weber Genesis II S-435 right next to the gas tank. You can easily read it to check the gas level in your tank. The fuel gauge works only with tanks filled with liquid propane. If you use natural gas, it won’t work correctly.
- Is it big enough to cook food for a family of 5 or more?
The Weber Genesis II S-435 comes with great cooking power and grill area big enough to easily prepare food for a family of 5. It’s one of the biggest gas grills on the market and could be your best friend, even if you decide to throw a backyard BBQ party for your family and friends.
Our Rating Methodology
At Grill Cook Bake, we take pride in offering our readers unbiased and comprehensive reviews. Our team of expert researchers and staff spend hundreds of hours testing grills and digging into the details. All of this is to provide our readers with the information they need to select the right grill for them.
Our score for each grill is based on a weighted scoring system of seven factors:
Price to Quality Ratio
Full details on our methodology for expert grill reviews can be found here.