Key Features and Specifications
- Propane grill
- Dimensions: 53.2 x 21.7 x 45.5 inches
- Primary cooking area: 459 square inches
- Warm rack: 162 square inches
- 4 stainless steel burners – 10,000 BTU each
- Sear station burner: 53,000 BTU/hour
- Side burner: 13,000 BTU
- Stainless steel body and firebox
- Cart style cabinet
- Side shelves
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge
- Side rail utensil hooks
- Electronic ignition system
Our Rating: 4.5/5
The Kenmore stainless steel 4-burner propane grill (PG-40405S0LA) is a medium-sized propane grill packed with useful features. If you want to take your grilling game to a whole new level, this grill has what you need. Ithas enough cooking room that you can throw a party in your backyard without leaving your friends hungry. Yet, it’s not so large that you won’t be able to fit it into most spaces.
This grill delivers solid performance in a stylish stainless steel package. It not only looks great, but it’s also affordable.
Table of Contents
- Durable and stylish stainless steel build
- Solid performance with 4 powerful burners allowing for even heat distribution
- Strong stainless steel cooking grates
- The thin stainless steel finish is more prone to rust
- Assembly required
What We Cover in This Kenmore 4-Burner Review
Finding a perfect grill is a never-ending quest. There are hundreds of options and it’s to determine which grill is right for you – especially if you’re new to the grilling game. Our honest reviews include all the valuable information you need to make an educated decision.
We will help you determine if the Kenmore 4-burner grill provides what you need. While Kenmore may not be just a grill brand, they have a reputation for making reliable and trustworthy products.
This grill is designed to be a high-performing and durable gas grill that won’t break the piggy bank. The 4 words that describe this grill are: versatile, sturdy, user-friendly, and stylish.
Stay with us to find out more about the Kenmore grills’s key features, specifications, performance, and more.
Every grill has its good and bad sides, and this grill is no exception. Read on to find out the things we like and don’t like about this 4-burner grill.
What We Like
- Spacious primary cooking space – if you need enough cooking space for your backyard party, it delivers. It provides a total of 621 square inches of cooking surface, with the primary cooking area being 459 sq in. That’s enough room to cook 22 burgers at the same time as using the side burner to make your sauce or side dish.
- A fantastic range of versatility – the Kenmore grill comes with an enclosed cart that is equipped with additional handles, shelves, and doors. This provides an additional storing place, so you won’t be having any trouble with organization and meal preparation. The grill is also equipped with rolling casters that provide easy mobility. This really makes up for its heavy weight.
- Easy start – Nothing makes a grilling party better than an easy-going grill. You can start this grill with a simple press of an ignition button. You won’t have to worry about even cooking as the four burners ensure even heat distribution, making each grilling session more enjoyable.
- Durability – Last but not least is the fact that it’s quite a resilient grill. Regardless of the weather, the grill will deliver the same grilling and cooking experience, whether it’s sunny, rainy, cloudy, stormy, windy, or snowy outside.
What We Don’t Like
- Limited Warranty – The warranty is only for one-year, which is less than most of its competition if something goes wrong.
- Thin stainless steel finish – The biggest downside is the thin stainless steel finish that’s prone to rust. Related, several users have reported door damage. However, these issues are cosmetic and shouldn’t impact the grill’s performance.
The Kenmore stainless steel 4-burner propane grill main burners put out a solid 40,000. This is a grill that heats up fast and stays hot (if you need the high heat). We found that it does a good job of maintaining temperature, so you can also use it to cook low and slow. Use the warming rack to keep your meal warm until you’re ready to start serving.
It’s electronic ignition is reliable, so you shouldn’t have a problem starting it up. The cooking grids are made of stainless steel, which ensures even heat distribution and cooking. They’re also easy to maintain.
Also included is a side-burner which puts out 13,000 BTU. This is more than enough to cook your side dish or sauce. The only thing we didn’t like is that the side burner shelf doesn’t seem to be able to handle a lot of weight. This is common for many grill’s side burners so we don’t view it as a negation. You just don’t want to put anything heavy on there like a pot of boiling water.
Kenmore Stainless Steel 4-Burner Propane Grill
Number of burners
Main burners BTUs
Number of side burners
Side burner BTUs
Dimensions (H, W, D)
53.2 x 21.7 x 45.5 inches
Yes, 1 on each side
Extra storage space
This Kenmore grill is made of stainless steel, which makes it quite sturdy and durable. However, the finish is thin, and users have reported it’s prone to rust. However, should the finish rust this is only a cosmetic problem. The firebox is also stainless steel, which isn’t rust-proof like cast aluminum.
Despite it being a relatively heavy grill, it’s easy to move due to its rolling casters. The cart build provides enough mobility to easily move the grill around if need be.
As with many grills, some assembly required. It won’t be easy for the novice, but it’s not rocket science either.
The Kenmore 4-burner grill is absolutely worthy of your money, time, and effort. You get real value for your dollar. Moreover, it has enough cooking space to prepare an entire feast. This is a strong performing grill that looks great. While there are some concerns about the stainless steel, the Kenmore Stainless Steel 4-Burner Propane Grill overall is an affordable mid-level grill.
The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty for this product.
Is it possible to change the cooking grates?
Yes, it is. You can replace the stainless steel cooking grates with cast-iron ones (separate purchase required).
Is additional storing place for the propane tank included in this grill?
Yes, it is. An encased closing provides enough additional storage room to safely place your propane tank.
Is it possible to convert to natural gas?
Yes, and the process is quite simple. You will need to buy a conversion kit, which takes about an hour to install.
Our Rating Methodology
At Grill Cook Bake, we take pride in offering our readers unbiased and comprehensive reviews. Our team of expert researchers and staff spend hundreds of hours testing grills and digging into the details. All of this is to provide our readers with the information they need to select the right grill for them.
Our score for each grill is based on a weighted scoring system of seven factors:
Price to Quality Ratio
Full details on our methodology for expert grill reviews can be found here.